Lyf Support Terms
These are the terms and conditions that govern a user’s access to the Lyf Support™ service. They are to be accepted by each new user wishing to access the Lyf Support™ service.
- By engaging us to provide Lyf Support services you accept these terms of service.
What is Lyf Support?
- Lyf Support involves the provision of therapeutic general advice only. Lyf Support personnel (‘Mental Health Experts’)provide general counselling services to you in circumstances where you may wish to discuss your particular circumstances or difficulties.
Lyf Support is not …
- Importantly, the Lyf Support service is not a psychological, psychiatric or other medical professional therapy service.
- By accessing the Lyf Support service you acknowledge and agree that we are not providing medical advice or any other form of therapy or psychiatric service. Lyf Support is not a telehealth service and nor is it a substitute for professional medical advice.
Lyf Support, a general counselling service, provided in good faith
- The guidance and information provided by our Mental Health Experts via our Lyf Support service is provided by us in good faith and will not take into account all of your specific personal circumstances.
- We will provide Lyf Support services to the best of our abilities. However, we make no representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy, fitness for any purpose, or completeness of the advice that we may provide.
- You agree, confirm and acknowledge that you are aware of the fact that the Lyf Support service is not a substitute for medical advice and a face-to-face examination and/or professional therapy.
- You must not act on the basis of our Lyf Support services without first obtaining professional medical advice that is specific to your circumstances. Never disregard professional mental health or medical advice or delay in seeking treatment because of the content of the Lyf Support service or as a result of anything you have seen on Lyf App.
- Our Mental Health Experts follow strict confidentiality guidelines. Generally, Mental Health Experts will not discuss information about you with other Lyf personnel outside the Lyf Support service or with others outside Lyf such as medical professionals or members of your family without your permission. There may be important exceptions when confidentiality cannot be maintained:
- when there are serious concerns about your safety or the safety of others;
- when our Mental Health Experts seek legal advice from Lyf’s solicitors (who are also bound by obligations of confidentiality); or
- when Lyf or the Mental Health Expert with whom you have been consulting has a legal obligation to disclose information.
- Lyf disclaims all liability and responsibility in respect of the Lyf Support services.
- All services provided through Lyf Support are provided “as is”, with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without representations, warranties or other contractual terms of any kind, express or implied.
- To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all liability to you and everyone else in respect of the services provided as part of Lyf Support, whether under any theory of tort, contract, warranty, strict liability or negligence or otherwise, and whether in respect of direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or similar damages, even if Lyf was advised, knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages.
- Information and general counselling provided as part of Lyf Support should not be construed as a professional therapy or telehealth service. You should consult with a medical professional familiar with your particular circumstances for advice concerning specific health or other matters before making any decision.
Ending the service
- If you are in any way dissatisfied with the Lyf Support service, or no longer wish to receive the service, you may discontinue with the Lyf Support service at any time and without incurring any cost.
- Termination will be your sole and exclusive remedy against Lyf App Pty Ltd and its officers, employees, agents and contractors.
- Lyf may immediately end the provision of the Lyf Support service at our sole discretion if we determine we are unable to assist with your needs or if for example you are not behaving in an acceptable manner – e.g. if you are disrespectful, threatening or abusive. Our liability to you in this instance will be limited solely to a refund of any fees paid for the service.
IN THE CASE OF AN EMERGENCY
- If you have an emergency, or at immediate risk of harm to yourself or others, please call emergency services on 000 (or, if you are located outside of Australia, the equivalent emergency number for urgent medical assistance in your jurisdiction).
Other services include:
- Your doctor
- Lifeline 13 11 14 [in Australia]
¹ All our Mental Health Experts are part of a worldwide team of internationally qualified, licenced and registered psychologists. Lyf Support, however, is not a registered psychological therapy service nor is it a substitute for obtaining professional medical care.